top of page

Market Research Group

Pubblico·29 membri

How Make El Capitan Bootable Usb From Dmg File

You don't need a bootable installer to upgrade macOS or reinstall macOS, but it can be useful if you want to install macOS on multiple computers without downloading the installer each time, or you're unable to install a compatible macOS from the Finder or macOS Recovery.

How Make El Capitan Bootable Usb From Dmg File

Download File: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fblltly.com%2F2tO9mf&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw2Qa2Px93HaorDzEbeGXQzh

I have downloaded the El Capitan DMG file (InstallMacOSX.dmg) provided by Apple. The expanded DMG image contains the package "InstallMacOSX.pkg" which should be run to create the El Capitan installer but fails with the following message: This version of OS X 10.11 cannot be installed on this computer. (from the OS X Installer) That happens presumably because, quite reasonably, it would not make sense to install on top of a later version of the OS. However, in this case, I want to create a boot USB drive for an installation on another Mac.

I have noticed that these instructions no longer work as expected when using the current InstallMacOSX.dmg file, which can be downloaded from either the Apple website "How to download macOS" or the Apple website "How to create a bootable installer for macOS". These instructions may work as expected, if you are using an older saved version of this file. At best, these instructions are just a hack and Apple has every right to change the InstallMacOSX.dmg file to prevent the desired results.

Basically, you want to restore to volume MyImage from the hidden file BaseSystem.dmg. The hidden file BaseSystem.dmg is shown in the Finder window image shown below. The drive OS X Install ESD can be found in the hidden volume Volumes in the root folder.

Use the Finder application to open the InstallMacOSX.pkg file in the Install OS X volume with the Installer application. If you get the popup message "This version of OS X 10.11 cannot be installed on this computer.", then proceed to the next step. Otherwise, the Install OS X El Capitan application should have been successfully created in the /Applications folder. If necessary, from the sidebar of a Finder application window, choose to eject the Install OS X volume. Close all Finder application windows, then skip to the last step.

(Optional) Use the client to perform this step. Download the InstallMacOSX.dmg file by clicking on the OS X El Capitan 10.11 link in the Apple document "How to download macOS". Use the Finder application to open the /Downloads/InstallMacOSX.dmg file with the DiskImageMounter application, then open the InstallMacOSX.pkg file in the Install OS X volume with the Installer application. Install the Install OS X El Capitan application on the Macintosh HD disk. When finished, from the sidebar of a Finder application window, choose to eject the Install OS X volume. Skip the next two steps.

Many Mac users like to make a bootable installer drive for installing OS X El Capitan, whether for performing a clean install, or for making it easier to install OS X 10.11 onto multiple Macs. We will walk through creating a bootable install flash drive from OS X El Capitan with the final public version.

Apple has now made the El Capitan file from their website into a .dmg file. In order to use this file to create a bootable drive, you must do these steps before you are able to use the createinstallmedia command.

I think I know why the installer takes so freaking long to make a usb key. If you open up activity monitor and watch the speed at which it writes to the USB key you will probably see it is terribly slow. Mine measures around 4.5MB per sec. Which is nowhere near the 30MB to 45MB I get when i xfer a file to that same drive. I have tried many many things and it was stuck at around 35KBps before I disabled Spotlight. is anyone else receiving terrible throughput when creating? I have tried multiple keys and all, but after about 40 mins it did finally finish. :)

I deleted installer file. Downloaded it again. Performed the upgrade. Downloaded the installer again and then made my bootable installer disk. Worked perfectly! Thank god for my 150Mbps. Thanks for the reply.

I'm trying to create a bootable drive from the El Capitan disk image I was able to download, I've found many articles on how to do so but the instructions are not compatible with what I have on my computer. Many sites say I have to go into Applications and find the installer, which is not there. How do I get the installer into Applications? Opening the dmg places what looks like an installer on my desktop which I cannot move into Applications and upon clicking it opens a finder window with a .pkg

First, review this introductory article: Create a bootable installer for macOS. Second, see this How To outline for creating a bootable El Capitan installer. Simply replace the Terminal command with the one from the preceding article by copying it into the Terminal window. You will need an 8GB or larger USB flash drive that has been partitioned and formatted for use with OS X.

Depending on which version of macOS you are running, and the version you want to to install, you will either be able to get the installation files from Software Update in System Preferences, the Mac App Store, or you will have to obtain them from elsewhere.

Creating the bootable OS X El Capitan installer erases the USB flash drive you're using. Before you proceed, make sure you have a backup of the flash drive's contents or that you don't care that the data will be erased.

There is another way to create a bootable installer. It involves Disk Utility, Finder, hidden files, and a great deal of time and effort. If you prefer to use this method, follow our guide: How to Make a Bootable Flash Installer of OS X or macOS. The older OS used in that guide still works for El Capitan.

EI Capitan (10.11) is the last release of OS X. After it, the OS versions are under a name called macOS. From our observation, there are still many people using EI Capitan on their Mac as some of the apps are not running on macOS. Hence, if your Mac was something wrong with it and you need to create a bootable installation media to reinstall OS X EI Capitan on your Mac. Honestly speaking, it is a tough process for EI Capitan and you might receive errors when using the dmg file downloaded from Apple website.

To install EI Capitan from USB, please insert the bootable disk into Mac. Keep pressing Option button during startup. You will see a drive name (Install OS X EI Capitan) on startup window. Click on it to enter into OS X Recovery mode.

The above is a complete tutorial that shows you how to easily create a bootable USB installer from EI Capitan DMG file on a Windows PC. And this is the easiest method you could find. No complex settings and command line!

I have a MacBook Air, June 2012 currently running Mavericks. The El Capitan installer file came down to my Applications folder without problem, but multiple repeat attempts to create a bootable USB (16gb) drive using Diskmaker X 5 has failed. The program appears to go through all the steps, but finally the USB drive is never findable as a bootable drive.

I would like to know how to make a bootable USB device with that file. Note that I have a USB key with a MBR partition. I am not sure, but it should be using GUID to be recognized by my macbook pro?

InstallESD.dmg contains another disk image, BaseSystem.dmg, which is a bootable installer disk. But writing it directly to the USB drive does not work, because that would create a partition with almost no free space and still lacking some important files.

This works! I used it for making a usb from El Capitan installer, using the InstallESD.dmg that you find inside the InsallMacOSX.dmg.There is no need to try using the script, as it works with the list of commands on the read me file. so This:

under i just paste my terminal history that gave me a working usb drive.thanks all of the above for pointing into the right direction!starts with "sudo su"i already extracted from the installer the file InstallESD and is sitting in the working directory

However, the sha1 hash did match any of the values at: -installer-checksums#mac-osx-installers-sha1-checksums6198647687 bytes, openssl sha1 InstallESD.dmg --> 732f873cbcf38d9e544e659d2429bd4444416cdaI am pretty sure the file is legit (since I downloaded it directly from Apple Support), so I edited the "mkosxinstallusb.sh" script and added it to the approved list--> see the line starting with "supported_checksums="...", and just added it to the end before the last closing quote)Also, make sure your USB thumb drive is completely empty before you start the script. In my case, I actually plugged it into the mac and formatted it with Disk Utility to "OS X Extended (Journaled)" (GUID Partition table) before I started. (I had tried it once before with a partially occupied USB drive, and it ran out of space before it could finish). I am not sure how much difference it made to format it withDisk Utility, but that is what worked for me!I then ran "sudo bash mkosxinstallusb.sh /dev/sdX "InstallESD.dmg", and the script took care of the rest.Finally, I could boot up the Mac while holding "option/alt" and my USB drive appeared as a bootable device! 17 minutes later I can startup OSX! 350c69d7ab

Info

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Pagina del gruppo: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page